Bee scale BeeScales.io
1-2 of 2
Bee scale BeeScales.io is the winner of the Slovenian Beekeepers' Association competition for the best technological solution in beekeeping for 2021.
BeeScales.io is a superb multifunctional bee scale that enables you to follow the weight and condition of your bee families at all times. Our modern and technologically advanced scale provides you with all the information you need, no matter where you are.
This will make your job a lot easier and save you plenty of time, as you will be able to access all the data you need remotely and keep track of your bees on the go. And the best part of it all: you can do it without upsetting your bees and causing them stress.
BeeScales.io Bee Scale Comes with a Variety of Practical Benefits that Will Take Your Beekeeping to a Whole New Level.
- The scale connects to a cloud, automatically uploading all data it collects in real time, keeping you informed about the condition of your bee hives. You can easily access all the data stored in the cloud via our mobile app and our website.
- All information is saved onto a cloud, ensuring that it remains safe and accessible at all times.
- The scale automatically measures the weight of the beehive once every hour, always providing you with up-to-date information.
- You can get precise and accurate measurements without upsetting your bees, so you can avoid causing them stress and risking them lowering their production.
- The device is solar-powered so its battery is continuously charged, enabling it to function without interruptions and battery replacements for years.
- The case of the device is waterproof (IP66) and made with high-quality components, resistant to rain and snow.
- The device includes a ready-to-use SIM card that doesn’t require any additional setup and can be used all over Europe. This M2M (machine-to-machine) SIM card connects to the mobile network as soon as you turn it on and begins to transmit information immediately. To make your beginnings even easier, this service is completely free for the entire first year!
Take Your Beekeeping to a Whole New Level.
Improve the Quality of Your Beekeping with Bee Scales
Beekeping is a wonderful and challenging hobby that has become increasingly popular all over the world. But to be good at it and actually achieve the results that we want, we have to have certain knowledge and equipment.
The fact is that setting up your beehive is only the first and probably simplest step – to make sure your bees stay healthy and your beehive pest-free and well-protected from the elements takes a lot of work and dedication
One of the key elements of successful beekeeping is always keeping track of the condition of your beehive and your bees. While there’s a simple way of doing that, going to the beehive, opening it and taking a peek inside, this isn’t always the best or the easiest way.
First of all, your beehive isn’t always just around the corner and it may take you a considerable amount of time to get there, and second of all, bees don’t always appreciate you entering their home. Opening of the beehives can upset them, especially during the winter when the cold air enters the beehive
So what to do? On one hand, you want to (and have to) inspect your beehives and make sure your bees are doing well, but on the other hand, you don’t want to waste too much time or cause unneeded stress to your bees.
We’ve got some great news. There’s a solution that enables you to receive regular updates on the condition of your beehives and bees without interrupting their daily routine: weighing the beehives. This provides you with all the information you need to ensure optimal conditions for your beehives and at the same time saves you lots of valuable time and stress.
Why Should You Weigh Your Beehives?
To put things simply: because it provides you with all the information you need, and you don’t even have to be anywhere near your beehive. Weighing your beehives can tell you how much honey and even how many bees it contains
You can use this information to determine whether your bees need additional food supplies for the winter, to check how good the bees have been in collecting their produce and to find out how many bees you’ve lost to swarming.
What’s the Best Way to Weigh Your Beehives?
Weighing your beehives is the best and the least intrusive way of checking the number, productivity and health status of your bees. There are many ways to weigh a beehive, but most of them are complicated, not very exact and cause unnecessary stress to the bees. There is, however, a simple way to avoid all this: using a modern and advanced bee scale such as the BeeScales.io that will offer you all the information you need without any complications.
A specialized beehive scale such as the BeeScales.io is a multi-functional device that can provide you with the exact weight of the beehive, along with a number of other information. It not only measures and stores the data, but also uploads it onto a cloud in real time, enabling you to track the conditions and changes of your beehives wherever you are
This means that you no longer have to travel long distances to regularly check on your bees and beehives, but can easily control them with the help of data in the mobile app or on the website. Apart from that, a specialized bee scale also enables you to monitor the weight of the bee hive without upsetting the bees, making sure they stay comfortable and stress-free.
What Kind of Information Does the Bee Scale Provide?
The first and most important information is of course the weight of the beehive, but a good bee scale also provides you with a variety of other information
A good quality bee scale will provide you with the following information:
- Weight of the beehives and their contents,
- Productivity of the bee family,
- Weather (external temperature, atmospheric pressure, relative air humidity),
- Amount of winter supplies,
- Detection of swarming,
- Location of the bee scale provided by the built-in GPS system,
- Detection of movement due to bee hive theft or bee rustling.
All this information enables you to:
- Keep track of your bee hive yields,
- Add more supplies for the winter if needed,
- Receive an alarm whenever there’s an important change in the number of bees,
- Keep track of the health of your bees with the help of advanced technology,
- Quickly determine the quality of pasture and find out whether your beehive needs to be moved to a better location,
- Easily determine the best time to harvest honey,
- Determine the quantity of honey in the beehives and calculate how much you can expect to earn from it,
- Constantly monitor the functioning of the entire beehive,
- • Monitor the battery levels.
A good bee scale will make you a better and more successful beekeeper. It will increase your production and provide you with all the data you need to carefully plan your beekeeping in the future. It will help you prevent any potential damage to your beehives and thus save you from high costs or even destruction of your beehives..
Become a Better Beekeeper Today!
11 Reasons Why You Should Start Using Our BeeScales.io Bee Scale
1. All the data you need is now available on a mobile app
One of the most useful features of our bee scale is that you can track all the data it collects right on your mobile phone. All information about the condition of your bee families is now only a few clicks away, which enables you to monitor your bees no matter where you are.
The device has a built-in SIM card and can send data over mobile networks all over Europe. The firmware is regularly updated to keep your data safe at all times and the measurement intervals can be individually set to best fit your needs.
The mobile app is compatible with all smartphones (Android and Apple).
2. Review an Even More In-Depth Analysis of Your Data on the Website
All the data collected on the scale is available on your mobile app, but if you prefer to use your laptop or desktop computer, you can simply log into our website and have a look at your data. This will provide your with even more details and give you a chance to modify your settings.
3. Hourly Measurements Guarantee Complete Control over the Condition of Your Beehives
Bee scale BeeScales.io takes measurements once every hour, always keeping you completely up to date with what goes on in your beehives. All data is saved into a cloud and accessible via the mobile app or on the website. During the night, the bee scale sleeps to save energy, but it still collects the data and uploads it in the morning.
To ensure that you’re always getting the data you need when you need it, the system is completely customizable. This means that you can set up your bee scale to send you recorded information less often and thus preserve precious energy during the winter months. Alternatively, you can set it up to send you regularly updates during the night as well.
4. Central Unit that Is Always Up to Date
The central unit of the bee scale is basically a small computer that connects to the internet via the built-in SIM card. This means that just like any other computer, this central unit can also receive regular updates and newest versions of firmware.
This ensures that the device is always up to date with the newest features and functions and at the same time enables you to send diagnostic data to the support team in case of any issues.
To update your device, all you have to do is connect the bee scale to the computer and download the new version of the firmware.
5. High-Quality and Extremely Sensitive Sensors for Precise and Accurate Measurements
The weight sensors of the scale are made with high-quality aluminium and are the perfect fit for all types of hive systems. The surface with elox aluminium does not oxidise with time, and the sensors are also resistant to formic acid and oxalic acid.
Thanks to a large and reliable weight sensor, the accuracy of measurement is within 20g.
6. Built-in SIM Card for a Quick and Easy Start
The device has a built-in SIM card, which is already set up and ready to use. The SIM card works across Europe so you can control your beehives regardless of their location.
We will take care of everything regarding the setup and maintenance of the SIM card, and to give you a better start, the use of the SIM card as well as the mobile data will be completely free of charge in the first year.
7. Use Your Own SIM Card and Let Us Configure It for You
Our bee scales are equipped with A1’s SIM card, but if you’d prefer to use your own card, that’s also possible. We will do all the work for you in this case as well: just send us the card and let us configure it and install it for you.
Using your own SIM card is free of charge and there are no extra costs for this. You can also use the mobile app and the website free of charge.
8. Powerful Solar Cell to Guarantee Continuous Operation
Bee scale BeeScales.io features a strong solar cell that charges a powerful LiPo battery. This enables continuous and autonomous functioning without any interruptions.
The solar cell and the central unit are connected with an USB cable which you can also use to charge the battery with a mobile phone charger.
9. Top-Quality Weather Sensor that Is Easy to Install
The bee scale features a high-quality weather sensor manufactured by Bosch. It measures temperature, atmospheric pressure and air humidity, and is easy to install.
10. Advanced Anti-Theft Protection with Geolocation that Keeps Your Scales Safe
Thanks to the advanced geolocation technology, you can track the location of your bee scale at all times. The built-in SIM card provides you with information about the mobile antenna it’s connected to, which helps you define the area in which the scale is located. This feature works regardless of whether you are using the enclosed SIM card or your own SIM card.
11. One All-Inclusive Price with No Hidden Extras
An all-inclusive package that covers the cost of mobile data, use of the website and all the support you need costs 49 € per year. No hidden extras, no unpleasant surprises and no confusing price lists! And the best part of it all – all this is completely free in your first year!
Ready to Take the Next Step in Your Beekeping Journey?
Konfiguracija čebelarske tehtnice za tehtanje nakladnih panjev
Vzorčna postavitev čebelarske tehtnice
Predstavitev čebelarske tehtnice